Organizational charts are very essential for almost every organization. Now the biggest question is whether it is possible to make an org chart in PowerPoint presentation or not. Many people think that it is not possible to make an organizational chart in the PowerPoint presentation since the diagramming functionality of PowerPoint is very limited. But you should not worry about it since you can make any type of organizational chart in the PowerPoint with the help of Lucidchart. For inserting the organizational chart you need to do the following steps:
- Inserting SmartArt: The first thing that you need to do is to insert a SmartArt in the PowerPoint presentation. For this, you just need to click on the Insert tab and then click on SmartArt. Once you click on the SmartArt you need to navigate to the Hierarchy group. After that, you need to select the org chart template which will suit your requirements.
- Entering text: After inserting SmartArt you need to click on the shape for adding text. You must remember that with each shape in the organizational chart you can represent a person.
- Adding shapes: Your SmartArt may not have enough shapes that you require in your slides. In such a case you can easily add some more shapes by clicking on the SmartArt Tools Design tab and then clicking on the Add Shape button.
- Customize hierarchy: You can also rearrange the layout of your chart by clicking on the shape that you wish to move and drag it vertically with the help of the Promote/Demote button or horizontally with the help of Move Up/Move Down buttons.
- Format the org chart: Finally you need to format the organizational chart in the PowerPoint presentation where you can easily play around with fonts, colors, as well as layout styles.