Conventionally, in order you get your business financed, you needed some investors to whom you paid a return on investment. But, today crowdfunding has literally turned the conventional investment process. New startups and charity use internet to appeal to potential funders to contribute a small amount towards your objectives. If you want to be there you need to focus on some points like business model and how to create a crowdfunding platform.
Take a look:
Define your objective to commence a crowdfunding site: Your objective should be clear before you commence about thinking of a crowdfunding platform. You may like to stick to a particular theme like funding female business ideas, or education related projects or support creative people or aspiring technology investors. The more creative you go with your concept; the bigger attention you will receive at the time of your launch. Learn all about open source crowdfunding platform before going ahead.
Choose your business model: In order to commence a crowdfunding business, you should know which business model is right for you. There are three kinds of crowdfunding models:
- a)Donation based: It may not be a model for you as it is majorly used for charity and community based causes. Donors pay for campaigns and it involves small administrative expenses.
- b)Reward based: It is a donation based model but only the investors receive rewards. For small investors, it is a great way to promote their business, show off their services and product and ask for small contribution from people.
- c)Equity based: It is more like conventional investing model. Investors usually provide large money in a good model and expect a financial return on their investment. It is good model for those seeking high investments for their projects.
Choose the right technology: If you wish to find out how to commence a crowdfunding website, you should look for out high-end developers: The project involves web servers, email services, SSL certification, hosting services, analytics and tracking, mobile optimization, payment gateway, encoding, CSS media questions, CDN providers and a lot more.
In order to develop a good crowdfunding platform, you need elements and functions of some good degree. You cannot leave anything to keep the development costs low.
Features of crowdfunding website: If you want to build the best crowdfunding website, you need to ask yourself some questions.
- a)How user-friendly your site is?
- b)Does it have built-in methods for funders to ask questions?
- c)Does it has dedicated segment for every project?
- d)Do you permit the creators to interact directly with the funders?
- e)Do you have special pages to reward funders?
Some of the features of crowdfunding website include:
- a)Powerful management system to create, edit and post the updates of the crowdfunding projects.
- b)Question/ answers, comment pages
- c)A special investor only page for updates and rewards
- d)Social media profile integration
- e)Intuitive website navigation
- f)Efficient project management with backers, investors and live data tracking and report generation service.
Choose a reliable payment gateway: The best crowdfunding site is about its development, design where both the receiver and funder can easily manage the flow of money. Hence, you should choose the right payment gateway. It is suggested to choose PayPal as your payment gateway as it is highly trusted and reliable.
Software development services who create crowdfunding platforms have a passion. It may enhance the environment or give small business owners a chance to showcase their talent. Hence, you should choose the right development services and see if your site requires customization. Begin from scratch with a software development company which has good experience.