Technology has evolved leaps and bounds over the previous decade. The last decade saw the rise of an everyday technology that included social media and smartphones which radically changed our day to day lives. The term technology means the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes in business and industry. The best way to venture into that field has always been Engineering. Engineering was of utmost importance from the start of our species and it still holds that prestige in the modern era. The B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree is a skill-oriented course that is usually 4 years duration. Though many institutions offer the degree, it is always best to look for premier institutes in the country when pursuing high profile courses such as B.Tech. The SRM University is one of the topmost institutes in India providing various degrees including Engineering. Established in 1985 in the Kanchipuram district, Tamil Nadu, it is one of the most prestigious and reputed universities in the country. SRM University Admission process is through the application forms available on the university website.
Why be an Engineer?
- The power to make a difference: As an engineer, you have the ability and knowledge to solve problems the society is facing. Prevention and control of pollution, development of new medicines, creation of advanced technologies among others are the things you could work on.
- Have money and job security: Engineers have significantly higher starting salaries than other graduates with bachelor’s degrees in many other fields. Society always needs people like engineers, who are problem solvers and can come up with new ways of thinking. This means your job is permanent and will not go obsolete.
- Working with other talented people: Engineering has always been a team effort. As an engineer, you may be working on projects with experts in many different fields and people from different backgrounds & regions.
- Have a variety of options: Engineers work everywhere: in big and small cities, rural communities, even remote wilderness areas. There is no fixed workplace which may range from business offices or classrooms to factories or research labs or even in outer space. You can see engineers in the fields of medicine, law, business management, and policy. An engineering education will prepare you for many different careers.
How To Join a Top Institute?
As in most of the institutes, a higher secondary (10+2) education and qualifying for the entrance exam are the steps to get through the doors of Engineering. The entrance exams conducted by such reputed institutes are also curated such that students will have to constantly research and update themselves about the latest advancements in technology while also being strong on the foundation, i.e the basics. Such an exam pattern will make sure that the students are ready for the hectic life of Engineering even before they start. Almost all the entrance exams follow the same MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) pattern, which is also the case in SRMJEEE, the entrance test for SRM University Admission.
Career Prospects for Engineers
The employment opportunities in the Engineering field is mostly associated with the specialization of your choosing. These include:
- Aerospace engineering which deals with flight or other movements in space.
- Agricultural engineering is concerned with food and animal production.
- Bioengineering that deals with designing health delivery systems.
- Chemical engineering involves developing a process to solve a problem and designing a plant to carry out the process.
- Civil and environmental engineering which deals with the construction of highways, bridges, dams, and tall buildings.
- Computer engineering designs computer hardware.
- Electrical and electronics engineering which designs electronic, communication and power systems
- Mechanical engineering designs machines using two fields of physics: mechanics and heat.
- Petroleum engineering involves the planning, development, and production of oil and gas fields.
- Software engineering deals with the design, development, and maintenance of software.
In addition, most of the jobs and roles in any company/organization are held by an engineer which shows the flexibility and skill set acquired during the course.
The investment required for such a degree is also high when considering the top institutes in the country. SRM University Fees structure lies in the range of ₹2-2.5 lakhs annually. Also, since the university is one of the premiers and/or top tier universities, the ROI (Return on Investment) will be much higher making this a worthy investment. The university is providing all the modern facilities for the students. It boasts top-notch infrastructure in a very large campus with high-quality labs and internet. Smart rooms are provided for a better understanding of topics for the students. There is also the presence of experienced and educated faculty in the college who are very supportive and are always ready to help the students in achieving their passion. Other medical and sports facilities are also provided by the university. SRM University Fees structure also tends to the economically backward class and meritorious class with various scholarships and easily accessible loans. Therefore, the university is one of the best options to pursue your Engineering career i