Having your own website makes you feel proud and happy. But when it comes to maintenance, there are several responsibilities that come in.
Regular monitoring of website is important to keep it safe from various online threats.
You also need to keep a track on the updates related to software and other things. This keeps your website updated and helps to improve your website performance.
What if your website traffic increases during peak season, will it be able to manage?
Still thinking on it?
This means now it’s the time to move upgrade your web hosting plan to VPS hosting India plans.
Now, it depends whether to upgrade to your next web hosting plan with your previous web host or find another web hosting offering the service with more features.
Key Factors to Consider While Deciding Your VPS Hosting Provider
When it comes to web hosting, this is an important decision. This is because you will find as place for your website to live. There are some important factors, you should consider and understand what’s important to you for making the best decision.
Check below some key factors you should consider:
- Cost: Prior to choosing a VPS hosting provider, consider the price they’re charging you and for what. Hosting costs vary as per the provider, so it’s important to know where your money is going. Basically, you are priced for the amount of space, bandwidth, speed, backup & security and other benefits your may get from them.
- Reviews: Reviews are a great way to check the existing feedback VPS providers have got from customers. So, check the online reviews and even call the hosting provider for any questions you may have about them. This is one of the best ways to check which one is actually responsive, transparent and patient with their customers.
- Reliability: Similar to all servers, VPS can have downtime too. Therefore, determine a VPS that offers you maximum reliability through minimal downtime. You can check this through online reviews, and also by testing the VPS by signing up for a dummy website. To ‘test-drive’ your VPS hosting service is a great way as you can find whether it would be a good fit for your ‘real website’.
- Services, Resources & Capabilities: Additionally, ask your VPS provider about all of the features, benefits, resources and capabilities they can offer you. Check their ‘add-on’ features too, to find out additional services you could buy from them for an inclusive hosting experience. You VPS hosting provider should act as your ‘partner’ instead of just a vendor, as you’ll be completely dependent on them for your site’s reliability. Ensure they’re interested in your growth for the long term!
- Customer Service: It is similar to your ‘lifeline’ when selecting a VPS hosting provider. This is because when things go wrong, you need the surety that you’ll be taken care of and can reach out for help immediately. Check if your VPS hosting provider offers 24/7 online chat support as well as ticket support so that you can raise your query at anytime. It’s is similar to having access to a 24/7 doctor/hospital service in case you fall sick, which is a must!
- Managed Vs Unmanaged VPS Hosting: This is the next important factor to be considered as it determines the scope of service for your VPS provider. When you select
unmanaged hosting, your VPS hosting provider takes only the responsibility for making sure your VPS works and is connected to the network. When you select managed hosting your VPS hosting provider takes the complete responsibility of server management, server’s security, reliability, etc.
Now that you have learned how to select your VPS hosting provider, let’s check if MilesWeb offers you all these features.
MilesWeb was started with an aim to offer complete web hosting solutions to the website owners as the other web hosts lacked some essentials. Though being established in 2012, it took no time for the company to expand its services in other countries. Taking in consideration the essentials for a website, they started offering web hosting that covered each and every feature using the latest technology for all types of websites.
Their web hosting services comprise of unlimited linux and windows web hosting, VPS hosting, cheap reseller hosting, dedicated hosting, WordPress hosting, AWS and DigitalOcean cloud hosting. They have a team of experts that is available 24/7 to answer the queries of their customers and resolve their issues. Additionally, their Tier-3 and Tier-4 datacenters help in providing 99.95% uptime.
Managed VPS Hosting Plans
Features of VPS Hosting
- SSD Drives
- Free VPS Management
- Free Website Migration
- SSH and Root Access
- Resource Monitoring Dashboard
- Host Unlimited Sites
- Instant Provisioning
- No Setup Fee
- Robust Infrastructure
- Choice Of Operating System
- Choice Of Control Panel
- Installation of security patches and updates
- Kernel patch updates
- Third-party software installation
- CMS and Web application installation
Hope that the pointers mentioned for selecting your web host help you. Of course MilesWeb meets all of them and understand the importance of your website. You won’t be disappointed with them at any point of the time. If you want to know more about them you can check their reviews on various review sites such as HostAdvice, TrustPilot, etc. Lastly, the choice is yours!