In this modern era, wireless connectivity is almost a must for printers. Having a Brother printer connected to WiFi not only eliminates the clutter of cables but also allows for easy printing from multiple devices. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to connect a Brother printer to your WiFi network.
Before You Start
Before you begin the connection process, make sure you have the following:
- A Brother printer that supports wireless connectivity.
- The name (SSID) and password of your WiFi network.
- A device connected to the same WiFi network, like a computer, for initial setup.
Connecting a Brother Printer to WiFi
Step 1: Turn On Your Brother Printer
Make sure your Brother printer is plugged in and turned on. If this is the first time turning it on, it might take a moment for it to fully start up.
Step 2: Access the Printer’s Menu
- On the printer, press the “Menu” or “Settings” button. The specific button may vary depending on the model of your Brother printer.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll through the options and select “Network”. Press “OK”.
Step 3: Initiate the Wireless Setup
- Scroll to “WLAN” (Wireless LAN) and press “OK”.
- Select “Setup Wizard” and press “OK”.
- When asked if you want to enable WLAN, select “Yes” to continue.
Step 4: Select Your WiFi Network
- Your printer will now search for the WiFi networks in range. Once the search is complete, you will see a list of available networks.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll through the list and find your WiFi network. Once you’ve highlighted your network, press “OK”.
Step 5: Enter Your WiFi Password
- You will now be prompted to enter the password for your WiFi network. Use the keypad to type in your password.
- After entering the password, press “OK”.
- Select “Yes” to apply the settings.
Your Brother printer will now attempt to connect to the WiFi network. Once connected, you should see a message that says “Connected” or a similar confirmation.
Confirming Connection on a Computer
It’s a good practice to confirm that your Brother printer is accessible from your computer after connecting it to WiFi.
- On your computer, go to “Control Panel” > “Devices and Printers” (Windows) or “System Preferences” > “Printers & Scanners” (Mac).
- Click on “Add a Printer” or “+” to add a printer.
- Your Brother printer should appear in the list. Select it and follow the on-screen instructions to add it to your computer.
Connecting your Brother printer to WiFi is a simple process that provides you with the convenience of wireless printing. Follow these steps closely and you should have your printer connected in no time. If you encounter issues during setup, consult your printer’s manual or contact Brother customer support for assistance.