An age-old controversy is over paper books vs. digital books. With the growing number of digital products store, every service provider is digitizing its offerings to appeal to this broad digital customer population. Publishing is also one such sector that has entered the modern world to make reading simpler. While, many consumers still prefer physical print books, even with the rising prevalence of eReaders and smartphone eReading applications. While many people enjoy conventional printed media’s tactile feel, eBooks do have some distinct advantages and provide the flexibility that can’t be printed. While e-books support the publishing world, for readers, they can be a little overwhelming.
If you are used to going to a local bookstore, walking the aisles, and maybe reading before buying the first line, you can still use e-books, but with a little change. It’s sometimes hard to decide between ebooks and paper books. If you compare the two, you will find that while printed hardcover books are more enjoyed for their authenticity and the feeling of owning an actual book, in terms of ease of carrying, eBooks are more practical and do much better. Let us see some of the benefits over conventional paper books that eBooks have. Although paper books are not going anywhere any time soon, there are many other cases wherein eBooks a digital products store product provide benefits over existing paper media.
- The all in one feature: While you need 10 books for 10 different novels, obliviously! In the case of E-book, a single computer is enough to read any number of books that you want. Students benefit more from this, as they don’t have to bring a backpack full of books every day. It helps the user to store several books on the computer, more than anybody would read in their lifetime.
- Instant buy: You don’t need to leave your home with eBooks to purchase new titles or borrow them from your nearest library. You can buy them directly from a digital bookshop and immediately add them to your computer.
- Customization: EBooks encourage you to change the font size or even the font type, in comparison to printing. You can customize any eBook to be readable for you if you need large-print books, but for print, you are limited to titles that are available in large print editions. Also, if you don’t care for the default type, you can normally configure the font used in eBooks.
- Fast Updating: The eBook material is mostly cloud-based, which means it can be updated at any time. Updated material will still be introduced by writers and publishers, supplying customers with the latest multimedia content. It saves the expense of reprinting and the time spent in the process.
- Pleasant Choice for the Environment: Environment-friendly eBooks. This completely removes the method of paper publishing, saving the publishers’ printing costs. If all printed paper books were to be replaced by a digital eBook, it will prevent all those trees from being cut down.