Today, companies are spending more money on content and organic search marketing. The shift depends on the marketing team and SEO experts to move in synch for attaining shared campaign KPIs [key performance indicators]. Overpassing the cooperative split [marketing & SEO team] needs a careful shift towards reliable communication, team building, and project management processes.
Australian Internet Advertising is an SEO agency Sydney that can help in SEO as well as digital marketing. The experts have more than a decade of experience in this field.
Making two different teams [marketing & SEO] work cohesively is challenging. It is studied that 75% of cross-functional teams are unsuccessful. So, to reduce the perils of the inadequately executed campaign, it is essential to integrate the daily functions of SEO and marketing teams. The common barriers that can make cross-discipline teams fail are –
- Lack of communication associated with specific goals.
- Siloed approach or no flexibility.
- No clarity for ROI measuring.
- Technology adaptation gaps.
Striving towards unclear goals is hard. On the other hand, expecting cross-functional teams to work on unclear project parameters is too difficult. The project scope suffers along with low team cooperation and no certainty in project deliverables. Without clarity of the ROI measuring system, it is difficult for the participating teams to get an idea of their efforts and project performance. Breaking silos makes sharing valuable information freely resulting in dynamic output. Implement standard technology tools designed to promote data analysis and collaboration to resolve the technology adoption gap.
Influence on revenue
Cross-department collaboration needs to be successful. It is directly secured to positive brand and revenue impact. If your brand ranks on the 2nd, 3rd, or 10th page then marketing efforts are hardly visible. Content strategy and social media marketing are a territory for traditional marketers.
However, the SEO team and digital marketing staff can help to create marketing goals centered on technical and compelling aspects. Cross-functional interaction offers more visibility in the emerging trends, creates a strategy, budgeting, and ROI forming. Understanding customer relationship with brands helps SEO experts and marketers to create smart strategies for driving profitable outcomes.
How to foster collaboration?
Creating a collaborative culture is not impossible. The marketers and SEO experts have the same core competencies. With the right processes and tools, SEO strategies can help to attain marketing goals and vice versa.
- Collaborative tools are helping SEO and marketers work in synch and perform their routine tasks with ease. It empowers businesses with different departments and remote workers to design motivating campaigns in real-time.
- Workflow processes of large projects can be broken down into small tasks. It helps them to closely monitor any glitches at every project management lifecycle phase.
- Silos collapse and there is a feeling of shared expertise and vocabulary. Clearly defining project goals and metrics help to keep track. With enhanced collaboration between two departments SEO and Marketing, everyone involved understands how collaborative expertise and efforts helped in a shared outcome.
- Keep employees engaged to maintain consistent and productive collaboration. Schedule a regular meeting and discuss keywords targets, opportunities, progress, and even conduct training sessions.
The SEO team has to think about the marketing team and vice versa. As more and more significance is given to organic search both teams will work towards common metrics or KPIs. Companies that nurture cross-functional collaboration will be prepared to respond to changing market trends.