Over the last two decades, there has been a sizeable shift in the number of professionals choosing to stay at home and work. From writers to designers, accountants to legal professionals, people from various segments of the economy have started opting for the same. Also, with the pandemic-induced lockdown this year, more people are opting for this new way of balancing work and life.
While working from home as a professional might sound like a dream come true, you have to ensure that your clients are satisfied with your services to ensure continuous business. Today, we are going to talk about a great addition to your repertoire of services – website hosting.
Read on to find why starting a business offering Reseller Hosting in India is perfect for stay-home professionals.
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting is a business model that allows individuals and businesses to start a website hosting business without investing in the infrastructure needed for the same. As a Hosting Reseller, you purchase resources from a hosting company, create customized hosting packages, and sell them under your brand name. You don’t need to be a technical expert to make money via Reseller Hosting too.
The steps involved in starting a Reseller Hosting business are:
- Purchase a Reseller Hosting plan from a hosting company
- Identify the target market segment that you would want to cater to. You can also target your current clients if you are a web professional
- Create customized hosting packages based on their needs
- Sell and offer support
- Market the plans and the business
Why is Reseller Hosting perfect for stay-at-home professionals?
There are many reasons that make Reseller Hosting perfect for stay-at-home professionals:
- A wider range of services – As self-employed professionals working from home, one of the biggest challenges is ensuring that clients continue giving business. If you are employed in the online services segment (writer, designer, web developer, etc.), then adding web hosting to your list of services makes it more comprehensive and helps you retain clients.
- An additional source of regular income – Once you launch a web hosting business and manage to offer quality service, then clients would prefer to continue using your services. Hosting plans are usually renewed once every year. If you have a set of happy clients, then you can generate a source of regular income in addition to your current income.
- Low barrier to entry – Before starting any business, it is important to calculate the costs associated with the entry and the time it could take to break even. With Reseller Hosting, the entry costs are very low making it easier to start generating profits.
- Completely online business – You can run and manage a web hosting business without having to leave your house for work. Everything is online. Also, if you choose a good parent host, then technical errors will be fewer making it a perfect business option.
Remember, as a professional working from home, you don’t have the comfort of a fixed salary. Also, with an increasing number of professionals opting for the work-from-home life, retaining clients can be a challenge. Hence, ensuring that your services are unique and top-notch is essential to retain clients and get new ones. Reseller Hosting offers an excellent opportunity to create a revenue stream without spending too much time or money – a perfect option for stay-home professionals.