As specialists in online marketing in Auckland, we firmly believe in science and data at the heart of our digital strategies. But there should still be a very human side to modern marketing, and that is why there will always be room for blog posts. In the fast-moving world of digital marketing, blogging might seem a little quaint but nothing could be further from the truth. Blog posts tell stories, build authority and strengthen the connection between business and customer, as these statistics make clear:
- Blogs can result in a 97% increase in indexed links.
- Companies with blogs produce an average of 67% more leads monthly than companies that don’t blog.
- 80% of internet users interact with both social media sites and blog
- Businesses that blog get 55% more website visitors than businesses that don’t.
- Marketers who prioritized blogging received 13X more ROI than companies that did not in 2019.
- Blogging is the third most common content marketing strategy, after video and eBooks.
- 70% of consumers learn about a company through articles.
Of course, we must also look at blogging as an important ingredient in boosting Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). It can do this by placing your website front and centre when a customer uses specific search terms. Keywords within blog posts are a huge part of this SEO process, but there are other tactics that can help a business achieve a higher ranking in search engines and bring customers to their site instead of your competitors.
Digital marketing agencies like ours offer blog post creation as part of our SEO services, and the keywords we use within those posts are carefully chosen for maximum ranking success. But ever-changing algorithms, particularly on Google, require a wide-ranging approach to SEO that extends beyond keywords in blog posts. This is why we caution against any business relying on blog posts alone as a way of optimising their SEO. There’s more to Search Engine Optimisation than that, and it’s an area we specialise in.
Having said that, blogs are the perfect way to create a strong connection with the people who visit your website. When you use your blog posts to share your knowledge with your customers, you are seen as an authority in your field, and that builds trust. When a customer trusts you, they’re more likely to do business with you. That’s why we firmly believe in the business-building beauty of blogs as part of an all-round SEO strategy. Contact us today and let’s discuss how some well-chosen words and data driven strategies can work hand in hand for your business.